Visiting Union - Weekday Campus Visit
We’re happy that you’re taking a look at Virginia Union University, one of the nation’s premier historical black private, Christian, liberal arts, progressive universities. We provide an environment where students can develop academically, socially, and spiritually. Let us show you why VUU is our favorite university. To help you start planning your visit, here’s a preview of what you can see and do while you’re here, along with some scheduling suggestions to help you get the most out of your visit.
The Office of Enrollment Management offers weekday information sessions and campus tours to all prospective students and their families. The information sessions and group tours are available Monday-Friday at 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, and 2:00 pm. Please schedule your appointment at least 2 weeks in advance.
Student/Family Visit Request Form (parties of less than 10)
Group Visit Request Form (parties of 10 or more)
What would you like to do?
***Weekday Information Sessions and Tours
The Office of Enrollment Management offers weekday information sessions and campus tours to all prospective students, families, and groups. The information sessions and group tours are available Monday -Friday at 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, and 2:00 pm. When arranged in advance, prospective students may have the opportunity to visit a classroom or spend a day with a current student.
Weekday Student Lead Walking Tour. The best way to visualize yourself as a prospective panther is to speak with a current student about their experience while on a 30-minute (depending on visiting party size) guided walking tour of the campus. Highlights may include the L. Douglas Wilder Library, VUU Museum, student center, academic facilities and residence halls.
Panther Schedule Suggestions
Listed below are a few panther suggestions to prepare you for scheduling a campus visit. Please review tips before submitting your request.
- Schedule your visit as least two weeks in advance. Tour space can be limited, so you’ll want to have a few possible visit dates in mind before submitting your request.
- The best time to see VUU is when classes are in session, residence halls are open, and all our faculty, staff, and students are available to answer your questions. The Undergraduate Office of Admissions will be glad to document your visit for your high school’s attendance office.
- If you are planning to visit more than one college campus, please be sure to allow enough time between visits.
- To avoid crowds, schedule not to visit during your local school holiday. The Admissions Office is likely to be much busier on those days.
- Some visit activities are unavailable during semester breaks, final exam weeks, spring break or when special campus events are taking place.
Although all prospective students are encouraged to visit, appointments are necessary for any weekday admission tours and information sessions. Individual appointments for visiting families or touring groups are strongly recommended to ensure that you get our full attention. Be sure to schedule a visit at least two weeks in advance. Let us prepare for your arrival!