Reserve materials are located at the Periodicals Desk. Faculty members reserve materials owned either by themselves or by the library for student use within the library only.
To place items on Reserve, faculty must bring materials to the library and fill out a request form. This form is kept at the Periodicals Desk. Whenever possible, a copy of the original document(s) should be kept by the faculty member.
- Check-out periods are designated by the instructor and can be for periods of 2 hours to 3 days.
- Materials checked-out for 2 hours DO NOT CIRCULATE outside of the Library.
- Students must present a valid student ID card or a suitable picture ID.
Students should come to the Periodicals Desk with either their ID and the reserve item's information.
If you would like more information, please call (804) 278-4118. Download the complete Reserve Policy by clicking here.
Wilder Library E-Reference at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email reference is ideal for brief factual questions or questions about the library's services and facilities or any other questions that can be answered quickly via email. Here are some examples of the types of questions you might ask:
- Quick lookups of facts, addresses, statistics, definitions of terms
- Get suggestions on how to begin research on a topic or finding the best resource to use for a project
- Specific ready reference questions; i.e., Who is the fifth president of the United States? Do we have a specific journal, magazine title or book?
- Get information on the library's resources, services and facilities
What E-Ref Can Not Accommodate
- E-mail attachments. Such e-mails will be deleted.
- In-depth reference questions. E-ref is designed to handle quick questions.
- Pull or hold books or other materials for patrons.
- Make photocopies, faxes or phone calls.
- Provide comprehensive or lengthy bibliographies or lists.