SUMMER BRIDGE GROUP LEADER
Center for Undergraduate Studies Leadership Position
Job title: Group Leader Position
Immediate Supervisor: Center for Undergraduate Studies (Dorm Director & Summer Bridge Director)
The Group Leader will provide support and leadership for the students in the Summer Bridge Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide assistance with academics.
• Help supervise games and activities.
• Must maintain discipline and represent VUU with dignity.
• Must respect each student at all times.
• Responsible for maintaining daily records.
• Responsible for supervising and maintaining clean and orderly premises.
Scope of Responsibility:
The Group Leader is responsible for supervising approximately 15-25 students.
In consultation with the Summer Bridge team, the Group Leader helps carry out the week’s activities and supervise the student’s time.
The primary measure of success is the improvement of each individual student under the supervision of the Group Leader. Improvement is measured by enhanced or improved self-esteem, self-discipline, social skills, academic achievement and spiritual growth of the student.
Job Specifications: The Group Leader must: have a 2.8 GPA or better. Must have good communications and interpersonal skills, flexibility, commit to a rigorous schedule, and willing to learn.