Virginia Union University Tour Guidelines
Read the guidelines below for scheduling a campus tour with Virginia Union University. Please note this is not your confirmation notice. All requests are not considered confirmed until the visiting party has received a confirmation notification.
- Schedule your visit at least two weeks in advance. Tour space can be limited, so you will want to have a few possible visit dates in mind before submitting your request.
- Tour activities are unavailable during holidays, semester breaks, final exam weeks, or spring break. Please confirm with the Office of Enrollment Management prior to scheduling your tour at 804-342-3570.
- Please plan to schedule your group’s meal before or after the scheduled time for the tour.
- If you are planning to visit more than one college campus, please be sure to allow enough time between visits.
Arrival and Presentation
- Prospective students, who are interested in applying to VUU, should bring their test scores, high school and/or college transcript(s) along with a completed application.
- Meet in the Office of Enrollment Management to begin your campus tour. The Office of Enrollment Management is located in the Henderson Center, Suite 104.
- For inclement weather, please dress accordingly and carry an umbrella. If the weather is severe, please call the Office of Enrollment Management at 804-342-3570 for the status of your tour.
- Visiting families and groups should arrive at least 15 - 30 minutes before scheduled visit to allow additional time for parking and restroom use.
- The campus tour will last approximately 45 - 60 minutes (depending on group size).
- Tours of the residence halls are not guaranteed.
- Bring a writing utensil and paper to take notes.
- Chaperones are expected to be present at all times with the group during campus visits.
- Consider visiting the VUU Campus Bookstore after your scheduled campus tour. The VUU Bookstore is located adjacent to the L. Douglas Wilder Library and Learning Resource Center.
- Food and drinks are PROHIBITED during campus tours.
- Lunch can be provided in the Student Dining Hall for a discounted rate of $6.00 per person.
- All cash payments can be made upon arrival at the cash register (Visa, Master Card and company checks). All checks should be made payable to Thompson Hospitality.
- Personal lunches are PROHIBITED.
- If you have any questions or need an invoice for your group’s meal, please contact Thompson Hospitality at 804-721-3628.
Name and address of the institution
Email and telephone number
- All groups using company or institution checks are required to provide relevant contact information for invoicing such as:
- Vehicles and buses must park in the parking lot next to Hovey Field.
- For large groups, we suggest one representative report to the Enrollment Management Office to get more details about their tour.
Cancellation, Rescheduling, and Tardiness Information
- If you have to cancel or reschedule your campus tour, please contact the Office of Enrollment Management at 804-342-3570 to notify us with the change in your plans as soon as possible.
- If you are running late to your scheduled campus tour, please notify the Office of Enrollment Management at 804-342-3570. If you are more than 40 minutes late to your scheduled tour, your tour may be modified to a self-guided tour.
- During inclement weather, presentations and/or tours may be cancelled for safety reasons. Please check the local broadcasting stations for delayed openings and school closings.