Office of Enrollment Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Enrollment Counselor reports to the Assistant Director of Enrollment Management and works closely with the university family as well as with local and national guidance counselors. The Enrollment Counselor also works with other school officials and other higher education institutions, as appropriate, for the recruitment of a diverse student population. The Counselor also maintains membership with nationally recognized professional organizations in the field of Enrollment Management.
- Adheres to VUU policies and procedures especially confidentiality, travel and procurement
- Travels (60-80% travel) to high schools, church events, and community and civic engagements to recruit prospective students
- Creates and implements recruitment strategies as outlined in the Enrollment Management strategic plan
- Works with students, parents, churches and alumni organizations that assist with recruiting cycle
- Advises students and families of enrollment requirements, transfer guidelines, financial aid and scholarship information
- Guides potential students through the next steps to include residence life and others as needed
- Provides follow-up to students and parents via phone, letters, email and scheduled appointments in specific recruitment territory
- Serves as an enrollment college liaison, assigned to a specific community college
- Evaluates program effectiveness, assesses outcomes and develops improved programming to achieve goals, completes cost analyses for programs/events
- Develops a network of contacts that will assist in identifying students eligible for enrollment
- Able to lift 15 pounds from floor level to chest, and stoop, walk, stand, and climb for prolonged periods of time.
- Work in all-weather elements such as rain, heat, or snow
- Participates in weekend events as necessary
- Participates on VUU and community committees as needed
- Other duties as assigned
A Bachelor’s Degree is required. A valid driver’s license is required. Spanish speaking is a plus. Experience working in enrollment management in a collegiate setting with undergraduate students is desirable.
The selected candidate may be required to submit to a background investigation. VUU is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative-Action Institution committed to cultural, racial, and ethnic communities and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
A review of candidate materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications should include a resume with three references and a cover letter. Inquiries and applications should be directed to: Virginia Union University, Director, Human Resources, 1500 N. Lombardy Street, Richmond, Virginia 23220, or e-mailed to email@example.com.