New Weekend College Online Registration Process
Please follow steps in the order listed
1. Prior to registering for courses, students must apply and be accepted for admission into the Weekend College. You may go to http://www.vuu.edu/teacher_licensure.aspx for the application guidelines and procedures. Application does not ensure acceptance into a program, as there are specific requirements that must be met before admission to the program. Please see specific requirements needed to be admitted into the program listed in the “Weekend College” Handbook. Once all program requirements are met, the applicant will receive a letter of acceptance to the program (i.e. special education, elementary education). This letter will include information needed for course registration.
2. All students (new enrollees and current enrollees) must be cleared prior to registering for courses. In order to obtain clearance, contact Student Accounts during open registration periods for clearance. You may contact Student Accounts in several ways:
In Person: C.D. King Building- Student Accounts – Lower Level, 1601 West Leigh Street, Richmond, Virginia 23220.
Email: (SMBAKER@VUU.edu) or GMJohnson@vuu.edu,
Please note all students will have holds on their account during registration periods; clearance cannot be obtained outside of registration periods. THIS IS ONLY TO AID THE BUSINESS OFFICE IN HELPING STUDENTS AVOID OUTSTANDING BALANCES.
3. After receiving your clearance from Student Accounts, visit the campus web-www.my.vuu.edu – to enter your course (s) into the Jenzabar Information System. If you are on campus, computer labs are located in the Martin E. Gray Hall, Room 107, Wilder Library and Pickford Hall, Room 203. **If you are not sure of which courses to register for, please contact the Coordinator of the Weekend College/advisor**
4. After entering your courses, email Dr. Sunita Sharma – firstname.lastname@example.org – your name, Student ID#, and the number of credits for which you registered. (A confirmation email will be sent to you).
Campus Web Access. For Weekend College Registration Opens Monday, November 26, 2012 and Closes Friday, November 30, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION
• Login into the website of Virginia Union University [www.vuu.edu.]
• Click on MyVUUWeb.
• At Login Screen, type ID Number.
• Type Pin Number where Password is requested.
Be certain to use capital letters with the numerals.
• Click Login.
• Click on Course Search at the Bottom of Page.
• Select Term: 2012-2013 – W/E Fall in the Drop Down Box; Click Course Search At Bottom of Webpage
• Upon selection of desired course (i.e. Psychology 201 and section), click Add. Screen should read Add Confirmed and allow for viewing.
• To drop course, click on Drop. Confirm Drop of . . . Screen should read Drop Confirmed and then allow for viewing.
• Click Print to obtain a copy of the schedule.
Upon completion, log out.
You will get a message indicating how your request was processed either successfully or non-successfully.
Note: after Add/Drop closes, the box to select a course for adding or dropping will no longer appear and tuition will incur for the enrolled courses. Students will be responsible for any charges generated by courses not properly dropped.
NOT ATTENDING A COURSE IS NOT CONSIDERED DROPPING THE COURSE; JUST AS ATTENDING A COURSE WITHOUT PROPERLY REGISTERING FOR THE COURSE IS NOT CONSIDERED BEING REGISTERED FOR THE COURSE.
Parking Decals must be purchased at the beginning of each academic year to avoid ticketing and towing of your vehicle. Payment of the parking decal is done through the Business Office. Please visit the Campus Police (Pickford Hall – Lower-Level G7) with your receipt to pick up your decal. Decals are $20.00 per year.
Everyone must have their Virginia Union University (VUU) decals properly displayed in their vehicles. Ticketing and towing enforcement for vehicles without the proper decals will begin promptly at 8:00 am on November 26, 2012. To avoid your car being ticketed/towed, you must have an updated decal on your vehicle while you are parked on VUU property.
The decals for 2012-2013 are available at the Virginia Union University Police Department located in Pickford Hall, Room G-7.
Decals are purchased at the cashier’s window between 9:00am – 3:00pm in the C.D. King Building located on the corner of Lombardy and Leigh Streets. Bring your payment receipt to VUU Police where you will fill out a parking application prior to picking up your decal.
NOTE: You must have your vehicle registration card in order to register your vehicle on campus; the police must ensure your registration has not expired as well as prove ownership of the registered vehicle.
EXCEPTIONS: Faculty and students of the School of Theology will process their paperwork through the Theology Department.
ALL RESERVED PARKING WILL BE HANDLED BY VUU POLICE DEPARTMENT
Please review the listed decal fees:
• Reserved Parking: $85.00
• Faculty/staff Parking: $60.00
• Undergraduate and Graduate Students: $50.00
• Weekend College/Accelerated Degree $20.00
• Second Decal Issue: $15.00
(2nd decal not available for undergraduate students)
• All vehicles not displaying the proper updated university decal will be ticketed/towed effective November 26, 2012 at 8:00 am
• Visitor parking spaces will be monitored; violators exceeding time limits will be ticketed
• Vehicles parked in any posted “Restricted Parking”, marked yellow curb areas, blocking fire hydrants and/or fire lanes will be ticketed and/or towed
• Vehicles double parked and blocking properly parked vehicles are subject to being towed.
• VUU email is the official mode of communication for the University. Students are responsible for establishing and checking this account. Please contact the information Technology Center if you do not have a VUU email account or if your account is not working properly. They are located in Ellison Hall, Room 116. You may also call or email them -804-257-5630 or IT@vuu.edu.
FROM STUDENT ACCOUNTS
• The Weekend College Program students are not eligible for federal aid at VUU. Therefore, whenever a student is not receiving Financial Aid to cover their tuition cost, a Financial Agreement must first be put in place through the Student Accounts Department.
• Payments can be made in person, by phone or online.
• If you are a commuter student and/or unable to immediately get to campus, please communicate your situation with the Student Accounts staff and arrangements can be made to fax or mail a payment agreement to you.
• Failure to comply with your Financial Agreement may result in the inability to register for the next term.
Exceptions will not be made for those who do not follow procedures; therefore, it is imperative to keep in mind the timeline and deadline of registration when utilizing the Financial Agreement options.
• Cancellation of registration charges are granted as follows:
1st week of classes—80% refund
2nd week of classes – 60% refund
3rd week of classes – No refund
Weekend College Contact Information:
Dr. Ben J. Herndon, Jr.,
Chair, Department of Teacher Education
Dr. Sunita Sharma
Phone: 804- 257-5738